Hidradenitis Suppurativa is a tiresome and draining skin disorder that’s usually recurrent and can be very painful. It tends to manifest itself as inflamed boils or abscesses in areas of your body where there’s regular skin-to-skin contact. The symptoms of Hidradenitis Suppurativa can cause a lot of suffering and sometimes even impair your ability to move with full range of motion.
This chronic skin disease often comes and goes as it pleases, alternating between cycles of remission and flare ups.
The most common treatment options include surgical procedures, drug therapy, dietary and lifestyle changes. Regrettably, medical treatments can cause lots of side effects and the effectiveness is also questionable.
Dietary and lifestyle changes on the other hand, have shown a surprisingly remarkable effect on treating, managing, and controlling this condition by sending it into remission. This shows that a natural Hidradenitis Suppurativa cure is possible and it doesn’t require any medical intervention.
Top 10 Tips for Treating Hidradenitis Suppurativa
1. Quit smoking – It has been shown that smoking is a huge contributing factor. Sufferers have reported remarkable improvements after reducing or eliminating this habit.
2. Avoid wearing tight clothes – Tight clothing is not only an aggravating factor, but it can also be a causative one too because it increases the friction in the area and keeps it humid. Try wearing loose-fitting clothes whenever you can.
3. Apply tea tree oil – This essential oil has many skin enhancing properties and is also a powerful antiseptic. Apply a bit of tea tree oil to the affected area each day and you will begin to see remarkable improvement.
3. Avoid shaving the area too much – Try to avoid excessive shaving of the affected areas as it can cause further irritation and make the condition even worse.
4. Apply an ice pack – Ice packs can provide immediate relief from the symptoms, act as an analgesic, and improve the condition by reducing inflammation in the area.
5. Eat more fish – Most fishes contain high amounts of essential fatty acids which help the body fight against inflammation. By increasing the amount of anti-inflammatory foods in your diet, your condition will quickly begin to improve.
6. Avoid red meats – The saturated fats found in red meat can lead to more inflammation, which is the opposite effect of eating fish.
7. Get more Vitamin C – This vitamin increases your body’s ability to heal itself by increasing the formation of collagen. It also boosts your immune system. There are many foods high in Vitamin C like citrus fruits, dark green vegetables, strawberries, etc.
8. Reduce daily stress – Stress is one of the biggest cause of flare-ups. Find a bit of time each day to do something relaxing and seek out professional help if your stress is too much to be managed on your own.
9. Lose excess fat – Excess fat can cause increased frictional forces due to the increase of areas with skin-to-skin contact. This aggravates the condition and makes treatment much harder.
10. Get emotional support – Talk to close friends and family about it and even consider joining a local support group. Hidradenitis Suppurativa can be very hard psychologically and being able to talk about it can greatly reduce the emotional burden.
These tips were taken from Fast Hidradenitis Suppurativa Cure – How to Cure Hidradenitis Suppurativa Using Natural and Holistic Home Therapies with permission from the author.